A multimedia extravaganza starring Zeke (born January 2005) and his little sister Talia (born December 2006), lovingly put together by their father!

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Things Zeke has been talking about lately

  • Most common: he asks what things do. E.g., "What do dump trucks do?" Or: "What does Hector do?" Or: "What does a hexagon do?" (That's a new addition to his vocabulary. He learned it because he was asking about the names of the shapes in his shape-sorter. I don't think he really knows what it means.) A variation on this is that he wants to know what something "has" -- often when it's something he can't identify, like a picture in a book. He'll point to an image and say, "Daddy, what does this have?" I never know how to answer that one.
  • He asks what things eat. Recently:
    Z.: "Mommy, what do shrimp eat?"
    H.: "Um, daddy?"
    Me: "Shrimp food."
    Z.: "Shrimp food. Yeah."
    Today he asked me what bulldozers eat.
  • He asks if you like things. Mainly vehicles. Example: "Daddy, do you like tractors?" Particularly cute: "Talia, I show you something else, might you like it."
  • He asks about the alphabet and how things are spelled. In particular, he frequently asks letter a word begins with. For example: "What letter stands for camel?"
  • He has been stringing together some relatively complex ideas. This morning, he woke me up and announced: "Daddy, I want to open the door, but I can't. Can you help me?" Tonight, before bed, he asked: "Daddy, do you know something that Pipkin [a stuffed animal] dooze?... He loves trains. I do too."
  • He likes to play games with language, especially songs. He likes to sing familiar songs but with strange words inserted into them, or with all the words pronounced funny, or whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this. This is as nice as a picture.
Alan