A multimedia extravaganza starring Zeke (born January 2005) and his little sister Talia (born December 2006), lovingly put together by their father!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Zeke was in fine form at bedtime tonight. He asked me a series of questions, more or less as follows:
- What color is your brain? Is it light red? (I said "Gray," and his response was, "Ew!")
- Why does your brain have so many cracks in it?
- What would happen if I stuck my finger in my brain? Ew.
- Why do we need a skull?
- How old are these (holding his two favorite stuffed animals)? Not like, "one, two, three, four," but like, "old and shaggy." They're new to me.
- Is a dream like a little movie in your head? It's like I have a computer set in my head.
- In Greek myths, why does it say that the Earth had babies and they turned into one-eyed Cyclops and Zeus didn't like them?
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
We were driving home after nightfall, and I made some comment about
how we were driving through the dark and it was kind of spooky. Zeke
asked if we wanted him to tell a scary story. Talia and I said yes.
His voice got really low and he began reciting a long, incantatory,
ex tempore poem. All I remember is this:
Storm clouds! Skeletons! And ghost deers!That's it.
Point a rock and throw you dead.
Broke you to a flaming
Posted 9:06 PM