A multimedia extravaganza starring Zeke (born January 2005) and his little sister Talia (born December 2006), lovingly put together by their father!

Monday, August 20, 2007

Talking about feelings

I was pushing Zeke on the swings two days ago and we had this exchange. Actually it was pretty much all him talking. This is as best I can remember the conversation.

Z.: I felt sick, but now I feel good.
Me: That's good.
Z.: The wind came, and blew my feelings away, and now I feel good.
Me: (Silent; pausing to reflect on the poetic beauty of my son's use of metaphor.)
Z.: Feelings ... feelings are little round things. Gums. Gumdrops. I put them in my mouth and now I feel good. I eat my feelings.

Food for thought.

1 comment:

Ali said...

How awesome is your son! :)


(You should probably make sure he hasn't accidentally discovered Zoloft or something, though.)